Tips For A Successful Home Sale
As a Professional Real Estate Broker and the owner of Agent 1 Real Estate, Inc. I recommend the following tips for a successful home sale.
- Fix/Repair – Repair or replace broken items around your home. It’s better to fix any problems around your home before you get into escrow. A professional home inspector will most likely find these items if unrepaired and could blow them out of proportion.
- Clean – Clean inside your home or hire a cleaner to scrub really well. Pay special attention to cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms since these areas can are scrutinized the most.
- De-Clutter – Store or remove bulky furniture and items on counters. Bulky items make rooms seem smaller. Also, buyers will want to see all areas of your home so be prepared for people to look in closets and in your garage.
- Paint – Take a look around your home and look at baseboards, doors, corners and walls. If you see chipped or missing paint you should touch them up.
- Landscape – Mow the lawn, fix dead spots, trim plants and plant some flowers to increase curb-appeal.
- Professional Photos – Make sure the listing agent takes professional quality photos that make your house look great online. Most buyers are finding your home online so if the photos or description or bad then you reduce the number of buyers who may want to view your home.